November 11th marks Veterans Day, an opportunity for us to honor and thank those who have served in the United States Armed Forces. Veterans Day was proclaimed in 1919 by President Wilson and was made a legal holiday in 1938. This year, Veterans Day takes place on Friday, November 11th and will honor all American veterans, no matter when and where they have served.
Veterans Day is a time to pay tribute to the men and women who serve in the Armed Forces. At Fairmont Federal Credit Union, we are proud to express and show support to the veteran
s who have served or are currently serving our country. Why is Fairmont Federal Credit Union thankful for veterans? Here are just a few of the ways that we are grateful!
- Members of the armed forces risk their lives every day for our country.
- US citizens are free thanks to the sacrifice that veteran’s make.
- We are kept safe thanks to those guarding American soil and beyond.
- Those who join the military help us avoid a mandatory draft.
- Armed forces provide both domestic and international support to those in need.
- Very few Americans wake up with worry about our safety. This is because members of the armed forces risk their lives every day for us.
At Fairmont Federal Credit Union, we encourage everyone to express your gratitude to veterans on not just November 11th, but every day of the year. If you yourself have served or have a family member currently serving our country, you know that the smallest gesture can go a long way. In observance of Veterans Day, Fairmont Federal Credit Union will be closed Friday, November 11th. For a full list of holiday closures, please visit our website.
Owned and operated by our members, Fairmont Federal Credit Union is committed to being your go-to financial institution for a variety of needs. Our success has been built on our commitment to helping people in the local community.